The story of the little mole who knew it was none of his business, Mandarin Motion Song and Story Time 7th June 2017

We will read ‘The story of the little mole who knew it was none of his business’ this Mandarin Song and Story Time as requested by one of our students (It’s not just me that picks books about poo 🙂  We didn’t have a Mandarin version of the book, so I have made my own simple and repetitive Mandarin translation for us to read this week.  Here is a page:

It is a great story for repetitive input of the location marker 在 (zài), and for hearing how to say that ‘something looks like something’ 像…一样 (xiàng…yī yang).

It follows the pattern :

(对小山羊问)你拉大便便在我的头上吗? 我?不是我的。我的便便看起来就像这样… (它拉便便像巧克力球一样)。

( duì xiǎo shān yáng wèn ) nǐ là dà biàn biàn zài wǒ de tóu shàng ma ?  wǒ ? bú shi wǒ de. wǒ de biàn biàn kàn qǐ lái jiù xiàng zhè yàng …  tā lā biàn biàn xiàng qiǎo kè lì qiú yī yàng

(Mole asks the goat) Have you done a poo on my head?  (Goat) Me? That’s not mine.  My poos look like this… (The goat does a poo that looks like chocolate balls).

We will have a treat after the story time, a bowl of goat poos to share 🙂    (NB there will be nuts in these goat poos)

See you Wednesday 10am 🙂